Not that we lost winter in a hole, but the valley got so soggy over the years that we used the still good autumn weather to dig drainage in preparation for the wet winter time. It took all of summer to dry out the paddock enough to carefully get across it with a 4.8 ton digger and to dig up the old drain again that was pretty much completely gone. Our son also dug up the silty stormwater pond, at least around the edges we can see water again.And we found eels! How cool is that. They must have come with one of the floods in spring. Eventually we will be able to do eeling.
Access across the bridge is now clear as well and the drain from the pond has been fixed too. And for good measure we fixed the driveway through the forest. Two days of digging. How it will be fun to clean the digger again before we have to return it.